Study of Masonary Infilled R.C. Frame With & Without Opening
Full Text(PDF, ) PP.592-598
| Author(s) |
|Rahul P. Rathi, Dr. P.S. Pajgade |
| KEYWORDS |
— Masonary infill wall, equivalent diagonal strut, reinforced concrete
Infilled frame structures are commonly used in buildings. Masonry infilled RC frames are the most common type of structures used for multistoried constructions in the developing countries, even in those located in seismically active regions.Window and door openings are inevitable parts of infill walls for functional reasons. Currently, publications like FEMA-273 and ATC-40 contain provisions for the calculation of stiffness of solid infilled frames mainly by modeling infill as a "diagonal strut." However, such provisions are not provided for infilled frames with openings Present study is an attempt to access the performance of RCC frame with infills pannels. In this paper actual buildings such as college building (G+3) is considered by modeling of frame and Infills. Modelling of infills is done as per actual size of openings with the help of equivalent diagonal strut method for the various model such as bare frame ,infill frame and infill frame with centre and corner opening.
1) P. G. Asteris, M.ASCE ‚Lateral Stiffness of Brick Masonry
Infilled Plane Frames‛ JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL
ENGINEERING © ASCE / AUGUST 2003.
2) Earthquake Spectra Goutam Mondal and Sudhir K. Jain,
M.EERI ‚Lateral Stiffness of Masonry Infilled Reinforced
Concrete (RC) Frames with Central Opening‛, Volume 24,
No. 3, pages 701–723, August 2008; © 2008, Earthquake
Engineering Research Institute.
3) Giuseppina Amato, Marinella Fossetti, Liborio Cavaleri,
Maurizio Papia ‚AN UPDATED MODEL OF EQUIVALENT
DIAGONAL STRUT FOR INFILL PANELS‛
4) C V R MURTY And Sudhir K JAIN ‚BENEFICIAL
INFLUENCE OF MASONRY INFILL WALLS ON SEISMIC
PERFORMANCE OF RC FRAME BUILDINGS‛
5) Robin DAVIS1, Praseetha KRISHNAN1, Devdas MENON2, A.
Meher PRASAD2 ‚EFFECT OF INFILL STIFFNESS ON
SEISMIC PERFORMANCE OF MULTI-STOREY RC FRAMED
BUILDINGS IN INDIA‛
6) Fakhredin DANESH1, Vahid. BEHRANG2 ‚THE INFLUENCE
OF MASONRY INFILL WALLS ON DYNAMIC BEHAVIOUR
OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES.‛
7) Matjaz DOLSEK And Peter FAJFAR ‚ON SEISMIC BEHAVIOR
AND MATHEMATICAL MODELLING OF INFILLED RC
FRAME STRUCTURES‛ 12WCEE 2000, 1632
8) Liauw T.C., ‚An Aproximate Methods Of Analysis for infilled
frames with or without opening‛. Building Science, vol.7, 1972,
9) Maistone R.J. ‚Supplement Note on the stiffness and Strength
of infilled frames‛ Current paper C.P. 1314, building Research
stations , Watford, UK, Feb. 1974.
10) ] IS: 1893-2002, Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of
Structures, Part 1, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi,
11) IS: 13920-1993 ‚ductile detailing of reinforced of concrete
structure subjected to seismic forces code of practice.